- Major: Executive Healthcare Leadership
- Degree: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer Application Deadlines
Early: September 1
Priority: November 1
Final: February 1
Fall Application Deadlines – for applicants with Master’s degree:
Early: January 15
Priority: March 1
Final: June 1
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (from all earned degrees)
- Transcripts from all Colleges/Universities (regardless of number of credits earned)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (from a doctorally prepared registered nurse or physician)
- Personal Goal Statement (respond to prompt included in application)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Practice
- Verification of Work Hours form confirming applicants with an MSN have at least 2000 hours within the past 3 years and applicants with an MBA/MPH/MHA have at least 4000 hours within the past 3 years
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Summer Semester - for BSN entry applicants only
- Fall Semester - for Post Master’s entry applicants only
A Note from the Program
- a B.S.N. and the requisite experience OR
- a Master’s degree with a nursing emphasis, or a BSN and a Master’s degree in business administration (M.B.A.), healthcare administration (M.H.A.) or public health (M.P.H.).
The curriculum consists of course work equivalent to that of a master’s degree in nursing plus additional course work (beyond the master’s degree requirements) that extends the leadership skills and provides preparation for a variety of executive leadership roles in the health care arena.
Graduates may be eligible to apply to take a national certification examination in nursing leadership; eligibility is determined by a combination of work experience and educational preparation.
This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.