Ultrasound information resources from the School of Medicine Library, the UofSC University Libraries, and beyond.
NOTE: Neither the authors involved in the preparation of the modules for this site nor the University of South Carolina School of Medicine assume responsibility or legal liability of any kind resulting from use of information provided in these presentations.
NOTE: Due to Adobe’s announcement that Flash Player will no longer be supported after
December 31, 2020, we have replaced the Flash-based Learning Modules with screen-captured
videos. Most browsers and devices should support the video files (MP4s) below.
- History of Ultrasound
- Introduction to Ultrasound
- Introduction to Ultrasound Transducers
- Modes of Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Image Orientation and Resolution
- Introduction to Ultrasound Artifacts
- Bio-effects of Ultrasound
- Gallbladder and Biliary Tree Ultrasound
- Spleen Ultrasound
- Renal Ultrasound
- Urinary Bladder and Ureter Ultrasound
- Abdominal Aorta Assessment for AAA
- IVC Ultrasound
- Introduction to Cardiac Ultrasound
- LVH Screening in Patients with Systemic Hypertension
- Parasternal Short Axis Views
Ultrasound training videos brought to you by the Ultrasound Institute at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia.
This guide is intended to help you navigate library services, find a book, locate a journal or article, navigate a database, utilize evidence-based practice resources and find quality sites on the Internet.
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)
- British Medical Ultrasound Society (BMUS)
- Sonography Canada
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Society of Ultrasound in Medical Education
- World Federation for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (WFUMB)