2022-23 Rotation Dates
Our electives are four weeks in duration. Not all electives are available for these rotations.
|July 5, 2022||July 29, 2022|
|August 1, 2022||August 26, 2022|
|August 29, 2022||September 23, 2022|
|September 26, 2022||October 21, 2022|
|October 24, 2022||November 18, 2022|
|November 21, 2022||December 16, 2022|
|January 3, 2023||January 27, 2023|
|January 30, 2023||February 24, 2023|
|February 27, 2023||March 24, 2023|
What to know
- Students must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing as a candidate for the M.D. or D.O. degree at his/her home school.
- Students must have completed all required clerkships at the home school prior to initiating elective work at USC SOM Columbia.
- Students are scheduled on a space-available basis.
- A maximum of two four-week electives may be scheduled.
- Students are not required to pay tuition. After a rotation has been offered and accepted, a non-refundable processing fee of one hundred and seventy-five dollars ($175) per elective is due as confirmation.
- Students are required to provide a criminal background report and malpractice liability insurance. Students are responsible for their own personal health care costs and must provide current documentation of immunization status.
- Students are responsible for securing their own housing. Upon request, students will be provided a list of area hotels that may have vacancies during the year.
- The application status for visiting students is communicated through VSLO.
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend an approved elective.
- If you are interested in an elective offered by the South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium (SCAHEC), please contact the SCAHEC office directly: Ms. Kristin Cochran, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 843-792-6977.