2023-2024 Rotation Dates
Our electives are four weeks in duration. Not all electives are available for these rotations.
|Block||Start Date||End Date|
|1||July 3, 2023||July 28, 2023|
|2||July 31, 2023||August 25, 2023|
|3||August 28, 2023||September 22, 2023|
|4||September 25, 2023||October 20, 2023|
|5||October 23, 2023||November 17, 2023|
|6||November 20, 2023||December 15, 2023|
|7||January 2, 2024||January 26, 2024|
|8||January 29, 2024||February 23, 2024|
|9||February 26, 2024||March 22, 2024|
- Students must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing as a candidate for the M.D. or D.O. degree at his/her home school.
- Students must have completed all required clerkships at the home school prior to initiating elective work at USC SOM Columbia.
- Students are scheduled on a space-available basis.
- A maximum of two four-week electives may be scheduled.
- Tuition is not required. However, after a rotation has been offered and accepted, a non-refundable processing fee of one hundred and seventy-five dollars ($175) per elective is due as confirmation.
- Students are required to provide a criminal background report and malpractice liability insurance.
- Students are responsible for their own personal health care costs and must provide current documentation of immunization status.
- Students are responsible for securing their own housing. Students in the past have contacted local hotels and/or have utilized Airbnb. Students may also try furnished apartments or traveling professionals.
- Please notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend an approved elective.